Blog Archive

Friday, September 10, 2010

On The Way Back Through the Great Plains

After 2 days of pushing through Colorado the hard way I'm finally making my way through Kansas. Had to make lots of short stops on Colorado for food, photos, lot's of coffee and one night of sleep. The truck is speaking to me and says that 6-8 7,000 ft. passes in one day is enough, thank you very much. I've learned to let it cool down before attacking passes and to take occasional naps while it does so. Still, 900+ miles of real mountain driving has taken it's toll. I'm not sure where I'll camp tonight and am beginning to think that rest stops or a Wall Mart might be ideal in order to save time, miles and money. Tomorrow I hope to contact a friend near Kansas City and make it to my sister's house just over the border in Illinois by nightfall. She has a hot tub...

No comments:

Post a Comment