Blog Archive

Sunday, September 12, 2010

End Of This Journey

At last, posting from home. Spent the last night on the road in a Kansas rest area, missed connecting with a friend in KC but we had a nice short chat on the phone, made it to my sister's but, alas, the hot tub was caput as were many other items due to a massive lightning strike at their house while they were gone on vacation. Sleeping in a quiet bed was a novel experience and the entire concept of a clean, private bathroom just on the other side of the door still feels-- vaugely alien. So now the truck needs a major cleaning (still has red Utah mud caked on the underside), new tires, and general checking out. The T@B will take a day or so to fully clean out and check out before it can be declared ready for the next trip. For now, it seems slightly forlorn back in it's spot outside the house. Now to the task of editing videos and washing the playa dust off the camping gear. I'll make a list of things I didn't use and make the necessary changes on my packing list. Beth will surely be coming along next year so I'll need to have lots of packing ideas ready to go. Thus ends my second trip to Burning Man and the convoluted journey to and from. I  travelled 5081.3 miles. A huge amount of jobs and projects are waiting here at home and I'll dig in on them straight away. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment