Blog Archive

Sunday, September 1, 2013

This Place Rocks!

Another gorgeous morning and a kickin' breakfast of pancakes, bacon, toast with gobs of Amish strawberry-rhubarb jam, coffee and an apple. This is desert camping with class!

All plans can and will go wrong and last nights highly anticipated bath was a bust when I failed to find significant materials for the job. Another baby-wipe body bath was positively reinforced by a shampoo in the kitchen sink. Semi-AH!!

Fixed some bike lights that malfunctioned (not to worry- when I am in full el-wire, LED blinky, headlight on bike and head regalia I could singlehandedly land jets on an aircraft carrier. Or so I've been told by some Navy burners out here. ;-)

Rode to the Man to climb inside and got to take some more nice photos before mailing the last postcard (met a guy at the Post Office from last year and had a good visit) and snagging some iced tea at Center Camp. Sat with a couple of Canadians and a Swedish Army officer on leave. A new world view is developing! Confirmed a suspicion at the Census Center that @ half of the people here this year are "Burgins". (1st time 'virgin burners') Tons of folks came and went  from that pleasant discourse and I left after being drawn into a very hot Tibetan "Monkey Chant" session. Suh!!

On the way home I realized I had skipped lunch altogether. As I gathered food to make a spaghetti dinner (sauce from scratch, y'all!) I was dragged off by neighbors to paint a raven lawn ornament. Alas, when I got there no more ravens were available and I was  presented a fine alternative: a pink flamingo. Many people may recall that my B.M. camp was redecorated by a fiddle playing grandmother with two small children dressed as chickens on my 2nd year on the playa. Their playfull clucking echoed on today as I created a technicolor bird that put many of the previously decorated ravens to shame! (Roll eyes now) The bird will make the journey home with me and have a place in our garden. Since my daughters took the first flamingoes I was gifted on the playa I shall keep this acrylic wonder for myself.

Here are some photos from last nights Core Project effigy burns and some new shots from this morning.

Good/bad update: I found the bathing stuff!! I have also lost a lens from my eyeglasses. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment