Blog Archive

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Man Burn Day

Still no sign of my right eyeglass lens. Puts a new perspective on everything lol.
It has been HOT today! Only up to @96 but people are packing up, the weekenders are pulling in and dust is flying. Morning was nice and I took several 1hr bike rides around the environs and snagged a hunk of bacon, a slice of French toast and a cup of coffee from like minded camps. Lots of fun there. Still meeting new neighbors. Teachers, fiberglass designers among the new folks and the Yellow Submarine people stopped by to gift me a great nickle/brass 2013 necklace. We have camped near each other for two years but never met. I was on their 'must meet' list and we had a great chat!! Awesome!
I have only seen a couple of the 'Camp Nomadia' group from past years and although a vestigial remnant of the camp is supposed to be here I have not seen it. The two folks I did see were on the move and we were only able to yell 'Hey!' as we passed by. Things change.
With many giant motorhomes leaving to the south of my camp I was able to set up my cell phone amplifier and call home. From the Playa!!! As I called  a giant art car came and parked outside to take advantage of the 'free beer' hour at the camp across the street.
Time to make supper and get ready for the 'Man Burn'. Wah-hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment