Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Return To Civilization, 9/6

I get up before dawn and am driving through the entry portal as the sun hits the mountains. 10 minutes later I am in 8 packed lanes of cars, trailers, RV’s all sitting perfectly still. It takes 3 and half hours to go the 2 miles to the road and I finally get to the truck stop at I-80 at about 11AM. I got the truck and T@B washed as I passed by the High School in Gerlach and got rid of my trash & waste water and gassed up at the truck stop. Some things seem strange: flush toilets, paper towels & garbage cans, money -in particular- seems odd and strangely unfamiliar. I drive straight to Winnemucca, stop at WalMart for supplies, go to a car wash to vacuum the truck and inside of the T@B, do 4 loads of laundry and pull into Winnemucca RV Park at about 5:30PM. After setting up camp I head to the pool for a swim and follow it with a 30 minute shower. I post 5 days worth of stored blogs and hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment