Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I-80 Express

Two days later finds me camped at chez Walmart in Kearney, Nebraska. This is my second free night at a WM.

What the environs lack is made up by the cost, convenience, good lighting and proximity to the highway and anything else one might need.

Yesterday I camped in the Rock Springs, Wyoming WM within walking distance of good Mexican food for supper. After a good nights sleep I was packed, gassed up, had breakfast and got an oil change all before 8:15AM!!!

Both days have been good for driving except the late afternoon temps in the upper 90's today kept me watching the truck temps pretty closely.

I have @650 miles to go but think I'll split them up into a medium and a short day by comparison to the last 48 hours.

Bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thoroughly enjoying your adventures Jay! Sounds like you had a great 2013 Burn. Take care my friend!!

    ReplyDelete