Blog Archive

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fun Tuesday

Met dozens of people today and set up 90 percent (where is that key on this phone???) of my camp. Bike tires still need air and some trash routines are yet to be established. Woke up before sunrise to a maddeningly unimaginative dubstep which magically stopped as soon as the sun appeared.
The experimental roof vent filter went up as planned. We'll see if it works as designed. Lots of time was spent showing the T@B and helping others get set up. After lunch I ventured out to see what was involved if an emergency message was to be sent or received. Spent time listening at Center Camp and ventured out to the spectacular spinning (this year) "Man".
While there I felt the sure signs of overheating and dehydration. I hung out in the shade, drank all my water and beelined for camp as soon as I felt a bit better. A Coke, 3 pints of water and a beer follwed by a nap made all the difference.
More visiting, a nice steak dinner and I headed back out to do some night exploring.
The gal next to me is a Nevada native but a vigin burner this year. After seeing the night displays she quiped: Vegas got nothin' on Burning Man for lights at night. Like I've been trying to tell people!! 
Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment